My homepage has changed to myway.com and I can't get rid of…

Customer Question
My homepage has changed...

My homepage has changed to myway.com and I can't get rid of it. I can change it but as soon as I close firefox and reopen it myway.com comes back. I ran a full scan on Windows Defender, but no luck

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

Windows 10 HP laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your HP?

HP 350 G1

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About 3 years ago. I ran a free malware

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I ran a free malware scan and a spyware free scan

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

Do you mean when you go to Options in Firefox, and change Home page there, but it's still not working?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Started about a week ago. Correct, I can change the home page back by opening up the one I want to get back to and dragging it over to the house icon. But when I close firefox and open it back up the mywaycom shows.

Thank you. Does it ask you to confirm when you drag to the Hours icon?

Have you tried to refresh Firefox?

I'll wait for an answer?

I have replied you earlier. Does it ask you to confirm when you drag to the Hours icon?

Have you tried to refresh Firefox?

No it doesn't ask to confirm when I drag to the house icon, but it does change it till I close it and when reopening the myway.com is back.I did update firefox

That is strange. Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Going to eat dinner now back after that. thanks

You're welcome. OK, I'm staying here for another hour or two. If you can, please get back to me after dinner, then we can continue.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can t do app I have a flip phone

Can you open your email on your computer now? Did you get my emails (from JustAnswer / Viet) on your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Thanks I'm too stressed out and tired to do anymore today.

I'm sorry. No problem. We can continue tomorrow. I'm available starting from noon 12PM Pacific time tomorrow. Please open your email on your computer tomorrow in order to communicate with me tomorrow. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help; we can schedule another time. Thank you,

Hello,I notice that I was charged the $5.00 initially, and ok with that, but now I see a charge of $31.00 also. What is that charge for? I want to just think about this computer thing awhile to decide what I want to do. I'm ok with the $5.00 but don't want to go any farther just yet with further help. Please help me.
Help me understand.