Recieving telephone calls stating that there is a security…

Customer Question
Recieving telephone calls stating...

Recieving telephone calls stating that there is a security problem with Microsoft. Is this a scam? Or could there ba a real problem?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

I ha have an HP, and am using Microsoft 10

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

I don't know. Where would I find that info?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This computer is 3 years or so old. I upgraded when windows 10 came out. I have installed all updates.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have run my Nortun irus,omputer has slowed down recently

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

It is a Scam