I fell victim to a scam some months ago and the scammers got…

I fell victim to...

I fell victim to a scam some months ago and the scammers got into my laptop and took money via Western Union. I changed my credit card etc but today when I opened my laptop there was a page of browsing history opne with many itens saying Western Union. Can they take more money from me

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?

HP Pavilion on Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your hp? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Can't remember, maybe five years ago? Haven't done anything so far - I am frantic

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have disconnected the laptop from the internet and am using another one

11/17/2017
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Did you remove any programs they installed on your computer?

Please let me know

No, I contacted the bank and cancelled the credit card and that was all.
I’m so afraid of allowing any access though I am sure you are safe. Please tell me if these scammers can ‘see’what I am doing on the laptop.If need be, I can ditch it and use another.
I am using an iPad for this communication and have disabled the internet connection to the laptop.

It depends on if they installed any apps on your computer, else yes they they can.

Did you see them install anything?

I can connect and check this for you if you wish?

Please let me know

Thank you

Richard, Computer Specialist
No, thank you. I have decided to disable that laptop entirely and buy a new ipad thus having nothing more to to with Windows. Thank you for your help.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Computer Specialist