I just bought a Roku tv all I want is simple tv connection.

Customer Question
HI I just bought...

HI I just bought a Roku tv all I want is simple tv connection. So far no one is able to help me connect my tv. Can you please help me.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

My computer? Its view sonic

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Are you able to help me connect my tv so I have reg tv

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
11/17/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

If you are setting up your Roko for the first time, please see the following steps:

• Insert batteries in the remote control
    • Your Roku TV remote control comes with a pair of matched batteries of the proper size. Open the back cover of the remote control and insert the batteries, observing the correct polarity as indicated inside the battery compartment.
    • Reattach the back cover.
  • Turn on the TV
    • The standby indicator light below the TV screen should be ON, indicating that the TV has power.
    • Press the Power button on your Roku TV remote control. The standby indicator light will go OFF, and a moment later, you will see the TV’s startup screen. After a short wait, the first Guided Setup screen appears.
      • Note: If you want to use the text-to-speech screen reader, known as Audio Guide, press the button four times quickly. Audio Guide is available only in English.
  • Choose a language
    • When your Roku TV powers on, the first screen will allow you to choose a language. All text and dialog within the Roku application will be displayed in the selected language.
    • Scroll up and down the list and press the OK button on your Roku TV remote to choose a language.
      • Note: It is the responsibility of the channel publisher to translate their channel and some channels may not support your chosen language.
  • Select a country
    • To make sure your TV has all features available in your country, select the country where you are using the TV.
  • Select home use
    • Unless you are setting up your Roku TV for use as a store display, select Set up for home use.
  • Connect your Roku TV to your network and the internet
    • Choose your wireless network from the list of available networks and enter your password. This is most often the same network you use to connect your computer or smartphone to the internet. If at first you do not see your network, select Scan again to see all networks. For more assistance, see help finding your wireless network and password.
    • If you want to see your password ***** you type, choose Show password. This can help prevent entering the wrong password. Remember, passwords are case-sensitive. Use the shift button on the on-screen keyboard to enter a capital letter.
    • Once you have entered your password ***** selected Connect, your Roku TV will automatically connect to your network and the internet. Alternatively, you can get more help if you are unable to connect to your wireless network or the internet.
  • Download the latest software
    • Once connected to the internet, your Roku TV will download the latest version of Roku OS software and then reboot.
  • Create a Roku account and activate your Roku TV
    • In order to activate your Roku TV, it must be linked to a Roku account. Your Roku account keeps track of which Roku devices you own and allows you to add free and purchase channels from the Roku Channel Store.
      • Note: There is NEVER a charge to create a Roku account.
    • Instructions for activating your Roku TV will be displayed on your TV, including an activation code; e.g. “XCV5TG”. You will be required to visit roku.com/link on your computer or smartphone, enter the code and follow the instructions to activate your Roku TV.
  • Connect your devices

At this point, Guided Setup should be on the Let’s connect your devices screen.
    • If you have not already done so, connect your devices, such as your cable box, game console, Blu-ray or DVD player, or VCR. If you are using your Roku TV with a sound bar or home theater receiver, connect these as well. Refer to the Quick Start Guide for details.
    • Turn on all of your connected devices. Your Roku TV can detect certain kinds of devices, so it prompts you to turn them on before proceeding. When you’re ready, select Everything is plugged in and turned on, and then follow the simple prompts to complete this step for each input.
    • Press the OK button , and then press the OK button again to confirm that everything is plugged in and turned on.
    • Guided Setup asks you to assign a name and icon to the device connected to the first input. You can select from a preselected drop down menu or select Set custom name & icon to customize the input name and choose from an icon menu. After a few seconds, the screen also displays a small window showing the program playing on the device connected to the input, if any. Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to scroll through the list, and then press the OKbutton to make your selection.
      • Tip: Select nothing if you are not using the input and you want to hide it so that it does not appear on the Home screen.
    • Repeat this step for each input until you reach the All done screen.
      • Note: At this point, your TV might play a welcome video. To skip the welcome video, press the Home button .
  • Optional – connecting an Antenna?
    • This step is not part of Guided Setup, and applies only if you are using the ANTENNA input. If you have a set-top box from a cable TV provider or satellite TV, you’ll most likely connect it to one of your TV’s HDMI® inputs, and never need to use the Antenna TV input.
    • The first time you select the Antenna TV tile on the Home screen, the TV prompts you to scan for channels. Just follow the instructions on the screen to complete this step, and then you’ll be able to watch your local broadcast or non-scrambled cable channels.
  • You’re finished!
    You’re now ready to start watching your favorite shows.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist