Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Engineer at Aparna Indresh
100154703

I have down loaded the new update for Firefox on my PC and

Customer Question

I have down loaded the new update for Firefox on my PC and it freezes and hangs.after one or two operations. Have to keep restarting the PC. Now using my laptop as PC is almost unuseable.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: The problem is not with my laptop as I have not downloaded the new Firefox update. The problem is with my PC- a Dell PC
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes downloaded and installed the recent Firefox update last Tuesday.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Moses C replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you today.
Having trouble with Firefox after the last windows update or firefox update?

What troubleshooting have you tried?

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but seems an expert is already in the process of assisting you. I will opt out and let the other expert continue

Expert:  Aparna Indresh replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I understand that you have downloaded the Firefox update on your PC and it freezes, hangs after a couple of operations.

In this case, I request you to reset the Firefox to its factory default settings by following the instructions given in the link below if you are able to operate your computer:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/reset-firefox-howto,news-18817.html

You could also try the steps which is posted directly from Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

If it still doesn't fix the issue, we can try restoring the previous version or we can try to uninstall and reinstall the Firefox. I will provide you with the instructions on how to restore or reinstall. Please try the above steps and let me know the results so that we can proceed further.

I hope this information helps. Waiting for your response.