WE HAD $37, We had $37,000.00 au dollers taken from our bank…

Customer Question
WE HAD $37, hi ...

WE HAD $37, hi

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

We had $37,000.00 au dollers taken from our bank account from 27/07/2017 to 3/08/17. from people claiming they work forlive assistance nerds from canada.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Operating system is.i will have to re boot and see what system it is.no trouble shooting soon as we found the money gone we went straight to the bank they froze our account and still frozen .i have reported this to the police as well. im typing now as a lady saying she is from microsoft named tinia jackson from microsoft fraud wanting us to connect to the computor and they will pay the moning oweing back but i don't trust them .i siad for them to send me an email then i hung up and now talking to you..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have adetailed perort ihave given the police ,bank, and FOS ONBUDsman in australia. they ring on a private no. and on land line

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Microsoft would never call you and ask for money to fix problems. If the person claiming to be from microsoft is offering any type of support or wants to connect to your computer hang up now. No legitimate tech support company will ever contact you out of the blue. Your computer does not report it's problems to any company. So anyone who calls is setting you up again. It sounds like you did all the right things as far as your issue with the money from your bank account so that is good. If you still have someone claiming to be microsoft on the phone hang up. Everytime they call just hang up do not even have a conversation with them.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

the computor is over ten years old and have had parts rebuild .since the removal of the money i have had the computer to leading edge computers and they have done a complete scan and removed all viruses from the computor.does this tinia Jackson work for the fraud section of micro soft. my system is windows 10 don

No I see no person with that name that is employed by microsoft. What you may want to do if you have not done so is fill out a formal complaint with microsoft which you can do here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/reportascam/

Usually the scammers are located in India and will have Indian Accents. Also they use generic American sounding last names like Jackson, Smith, etc...

Also if a legitimate person from Microsoft did call you about the trouble you have had with scams they would not want to connect to your computer so keep that in mind. You did the right thing by being suspicious of this person.