I called for tech support last month and got 2 guys IN INDIA…

I called for tech...

I called for tech support last month and got 2 guys IN INDIA who worked on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

My computer for about 3 hours. All I was having trouble with at the time was that OUTLOOK kept asking for my password ***** I do not know.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I also use a different email, but OUTLOOK kept popping up while I was using the other email and interrupting my correspondence. Anyway, these guys in India were given permission to work on my computer and did so. They solved that problem but did a lot of other stuff too: My PHONE SUPPORT is the name of the company. Today, they called and asked if I had changed things on my computer. I have not. They kept calling me, even though I told them I was NOT at home and could not access my

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Computer. They called for the next hour or a little less and I kept turning off my cell phone as I was NOT AT HOME! I've been charged over $300. for this tech support.

11/16/2017
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. That is certainly a scam, so please do not follow any instruction from them again.

Is there currently any issue with your computer?

Who did you call for tech support last month? Do you remember that tech support company name and phone number?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

For more information about this kind of scams, please click on the website below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

I called Spectrum, as that's who I pay for Internet. They gave me a phone number for a tech (which they have told me since {today} was a Microsoft phone number. Evidently NOT? I was not surprised with the Indian accent, but I WAS surprised when
I asked if they were missing lunch and was told it was 3 am and they were in India!
I have Windows 10 and hate it with a passion. I even wrote Bill Gates about it IN HIS ADDRESS IN WASHINGTON. He didn't bother to answer. You change things too often! I also want to play solitaire games on my computer, NOT ON LINE, and
when I try to get one on screen I get a talking live advertisement. AAARRGGHH! I end up just shutting down rather than fight
a fight I can't win!

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/yd4sja3q
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

What web site? I don't see one.
ok. I do not text either. My phone (cell) is a flip-top. I'm 86 and not computer literate except for simple things.
ok

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/yd4sja3q
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

land phone: (###) ###-####

I do live online support. Please do the following steps:

http://tinyurl.com/yd4sja3q

I have resolved the issue via remote support.

- Note: In the future, please always ignore any phone call or email message that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.