Is Windows XP capable of accomodating a flash drive? It is A…

Customer Question
Is Windows XP capable...

Is Windows XP capable of accomodating a flash drive?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

It is A Dell.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No because Microsoft told me a long while ago that my computer was too old to do updates. I can't even update my browser anymore.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The only thing is AT&T installed a digital modem last Friday as they are going all digital and I will be having a newer used computer installed this Saturday. I don't know if it's Windows 7 or 8 or whatever. Thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Windows XP should be able to read the contents of a flash drive. XP is an old version of Windows

and Microsoft is no longer supporting it with updates so if you're getting a newer computer it

too should be able to read a flash drive.