According to a "placard" that is popping up on my laptop,

Customer Question
According to a "placard"...

According to a "placard" that is popping up on my laptop, there is a virus on my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I most strongly suspect that this is an attemp0ted FRAUD using Microsoft's name.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Have you sent me anything??

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Frankly, I don't know much about PCs - I bought this laptop from a friend less than 24 hours ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to KNOW if the messages that I'm receiving are FROM Microsoft. yours, tex

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Where to you see the message? in your browser?