I have two laptops. The new one - I can't remember my

Customer Question
I have two laptops...

I have two laptops. The new one - I can't remember my password. I went to account.live.com to change my password. It works with my old pc but still cannot get into my new pc?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I called Geek Squad and they told me what to do. I don't think I changed username but I did change password ***** now.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Windows 7.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The new pc, I purchased over a year ago but just started using it a few months ago. The new pc is a HP.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Dpm Don't think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you.Ids your new PC connected to the internet? Is it connected via cable or wirelessly? I suspect that it may not be. If it were, the new Windows password ***** work.

If you are sure that the new laptop is connected properly to internet, please look above the password ***** and make sure that the same email address is displayed above the password ***** on each laptop.

Please check this and let me know the results.

I don't think I made myself clear. I need my password ***** to open windows 7. How do I know if it is connected in the internet. It is wireless. I can't connect you to my device since I can't open it.

I understand now. Please give me just a few minutes to type out detialed instructiosn for resttin gthe password ***** the Windows 7 machine.

Please Note: It sounds like you're seeing automated offers for additional services such as phone calls and remote sessions from the site. These offers are not from me. They are automatically generated by the website.You're right. I don't have the ability to remotely connectif you can't log in. Please feel free to ignore them.

I am committed to working with you through chat, right here, until your problem has been resolved.

I have attached a pdf file with detailed instructions. Please note that this process requires a Windows 7 System Recovery Disk. If you don't have one please let me know and I will provide instructions for creating one using another computer.

As far as I know I do not have a recovery disk.

You can create a recovery disj eithe rby using another computer running Windows 7 or by following the instructions included on the website link below to download a Windows 7 iso and use your Windows 7 registration code/key from the laptop that you're trying to get into.

https://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Recovery-Disc-in-Windows-7

I'm sorry but I must leave the office for a couple of hours. I will check with you when I return in case you have difficulty.

If you are able to resolve the problem using the information that I have provided, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.

If you need more help, pleas elet me know. I'll check on you when I return.

Thank you for your patience.

I don't have a blank disk or drive at the moment so I can't do anything else right now. I will go out tomorrow and try to find one. Will I be able to talk with you after I get one?

Yes, you will be able to reach me on the original question page. I will continue to work with you until your issue id resolved. Have a good evening!

I don't know if you'll get this since it's Saturday. I clicked on the link you gave me to create a recovery disk and read the instructions. They are very complicated for a non-tech person and I will not be able to do this. Since your answers could not solve my problem, would I be able to get a refund? Thanks for trying. Please reply.

Hi there! I'm here. I work a flex schedule and I am usually on for a few hours every day. As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing information but you can contact Customer Support via email at *****@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help.

However, If you'd like, I can issue a new link for remote support and I can actually actually access the computer that you want to use to create the cd and I can create it for you. Please advise.

In either case, thanks for letting me assist.

Thanks. I think I will email customer service and request a refund if possible. If I can't I may have to get back with you. But thank you for trying.

You are most welcome. Have a good day!