Moving forward with PICASA being retired. I realize I am…

Customer Question
Moving forward with PICASA...

Moving forward with PICASA being retired. I realize I am late to this party, but I can't find any photos that I had in Picasa ... they are NOT in the GOOGLE archive, they are NOT in GOOGLE photos. I haven't been able to get any information about what I can do ... just this:
We apologize for any inconvenience this transition causes, but we want to assure you that we’re doing this with the aim of providing the best photos experience possible. Google Photos is a new and smarter product that offers a better platform for us to build amazing experiences and features for you in the future. So where are all my photos?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

PS: it has taken me an hour to just find this chat ... so I hope you can help

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

None - I have Google Chrome and I have my account, but when I open anything it is all empty

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am currently on a brand new computer - DELL

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
11/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Just to clarify, were you using the Picasa desktop software or Picasa Web Album (online)?