Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My computer as is is fine, however, I'm very disappointed

Customer Question

My computer as is is fine, however, I'm very disappointed with the computer I purchased. Let me explain - I purchased an Intel I5 based computer, 8 gigs ram, HD Graphics 530, windows 10. when I called to order the computer last summer, I specifically asked for a computer powerful enough to play Microsoft Flight Sim x, including enough USB 3 ports, powerful enough graphics card, etc. I now believe the salesman didn't pay much attention to my requests, and sold a more basic system than I wanted. The first clue was the lack of USB ports, specifically USB 3 ports. I `solved' that with a USB hub with 4 ports - but to upgrade from there will be extremely difficult. My previous HP computer was an excellent game machine. Who ever I ordered from then was very attentive to my requests. I am disappointed enough with the new computer that I seriously doubt at this time if I will buy an HP again.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: where do I find the model number? Windows 10, 64 bit
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: pavilion 510-po20. Windows is updated automatically. I'd like to prep for 3d virtual flying with VR headset, and need more memory (16 gig), better graphics card (Nvidia gtx 970. / amd 290 equiv or better - operative `better') and more USB 3 ports Is that possible with this machine?
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: May want to upgrade CPU as well
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 year ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure I understand the question. I'm asking about possible upgrades so I can game. The rest is a complaint about the sales person at HP who led me to believe he knew what I wanted. Can I upgrade the graphics processor to something better, add more internal USB 3 ports. And increase memory from 8 to 16 gigs?
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 year ago.

Would you be able to give me the full make and model please?

Thanks

Kris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hp pavilion desktop 510-po20
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 year ago.

Yes, all can be upgraded.

Can you tell me what you mean by internal ports, is this the ones on the back or the front?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to put a USB board in the computer is there space for that, and can I change the graphics processor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
USB board in the back or front, most likely back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please read my entire initial post
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this actually hp support or some 2nd or 3rd party support?
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 year ago.

We are not HP support and I did not say we were HP support.

We can help.

Do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no you didn't - glad I asked - not sure how I ended up at this site with its progressive charges, but I will get a refund or if needed block payment. Thank you.
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I will flag this for a full refund.