Had a waning that my computer had been hacked was given a…

Customer Question
Had a waning that...

Had a waning that my computer had been hacked was given a ph# ***** call

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Hp laptop windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes this company did pios technology $250.00 are they microsoft certified?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think i been had!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/16/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 8 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

That is a very common scam that the scammer criminals use. These people will call you, masquerading as Microsoft Techs, HP techs, or some other type of techs. They will then do their best to make you believe that you require their help in the way of remote support, customer support, software support, or something of the like. In the end, if you fall for it, you will be out hundreds of dollars.

If you gave the scammer any banking information, please contact your bank as soon as possible and report the scam so that they can block the payment to them. Also, you may wish to consider contacting your local authorities and reporting this crime, if any payment was made.

Microsoft will confirm that it is a scam. On the following page, they have listed different descriptions of similar scams: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/support-scams

Please, let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Rating me on the top of the page doesn't cost anything extra. Rating is how I am given credit. If you don't rate, doesn't give you a refund.

I would really appreciate it if, you could take a moment and rate me on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button on the top of this page.

Thank you,
***** *****

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com