I just got a phone call that Microsoft was shutting down my…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a phone call that Microsoft was shutting down my windows.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

I am looking it up...thanks for you patience. I have a Inspiron 15R

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was ordered August 19, 2010 Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am 86 years old and afraid of such calls. also other information

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

The call you received is not legitimate. This is a scam that is going around right now where someone will tell you that your Microsoft license has expired or they're going to shut down your computer and they'll eventually ask you for some money to keep your computer running.

Your Microsoft Windows license never expires and Microsoft does not go around shutting people's computers down, so rest assured that your computer is fine.

If you received these calls in the future, simply ignore them. And under no circumstances do you want to give them any money.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better at the top of the page so that I receive credit for assisting you. A rating is required for this session. Just click to rate.

Are you still with me? Do you have any other questions on this?

If you have no further questions, please just rate the answer at the top of the page for me to close out our session.