Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Hear a beeping sound and get no ring tone when I dial a

Customer Question

Hear a beeping sound and get no ring tone when I dial a telephone number, the phone says "check tel line" which I did. No Change. Please help.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Mac Pro. Older
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.