I have received an email on Yahoo about a security problem…

Customer Question
I have received an...

I have received an email on Yahoo about a security problem from a site in eastern russia and was to call yahoo security. Is this for real or a scam-I am leaning toward scam and want to know.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?

Just when I received the email. Everything else seems ok. Just a funny email.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

I have an Apple Mac Pro. Anything else I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No troubleshooting. I don't really understand that. My apple was purchased used and is about 4 years old. The person that was helping me and purchased it for me unfortunately passed away. So am flying kind of blind.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Could you let me know the email address that you received this email from?

I'll try, it is very long [email protected]tthh.

PS: Please ignore any paid remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me. I'll set it up for no extra charge.

Please open up the following link on your computer:

www.fastsupport.com/506499086
Follow the on-screen prompts to open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

Please ignore the above remote instructions; we do not need to do a remote session for this issue. This is 100% a scam email sent out by"phishing" parties to trick users into getting their accounts hacked into. Yahoo will never contact users by email unless their service are specifically requested. Please do not click on any link in that email or reply/call up any number provided. You may simply ignore and delete these types of emails as they come - your account is just safe.

Do let me know if you have any further questions or concerns; I'll stand by. Thank you,

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,

.