My transformer is working but my screen is black it I

Customer Question
My transformer is working...

My transformer is working but my screen is black it I release the power button. I have to hold the power button for a long time for the screen to come on then it goes thru a couple of screens, restarts, and even recognizes me... As long as I have the power button in. (But no curser as long as the power button is in.) Any time I release the power button the screen goes black. Can you help me? I love this machine.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

Asus Transformer mini

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
I lost connection and had to pay PayPal a second time to get back on.
I have tried holding the power button and down volume at the same time as was suggested on a feed. It does the same as just holding the power button. I have to hold about 16-20 sec before it comes on.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

About a week. I've found each time I try to get it to come on for the past week it does the same thing whether I just hold on the power button or hold on the power button with the down volume as I saw on the internet. When I release power, it goes off again.

Can you give me the make and model please?

Asus Transformer mini T102HA-C4-GR
10.1" 2 in 1 touchscreen laptop (Intel Quad-core, 4GB memory, 64GB EMMC)
I've sent all the information requested as far as I can tell. Maybe you had not received the make of the device. Asus Transformer mini T102HA-C4-GR. 2 in 1 tablet/computer
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago
Jeffrey B

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

It is still not working when I release the power button. I received it from Amazon Sept.8, 2017 so I probably need to get in touch with Asus. (That's how I got to y'all.. Googling Asus Customer Service but I still haven't found a number for them.) I guess it best to get a refund from you since I've been trying this for 3 days now.
Can you initiate the refund to PayPal?
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Understood.

Just to clarify, Did you check the HDMI output? that maybe the screen is stuck on the HDMI channel?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I have no idea how to check to see if the screen is stuck on the HDMI output. I see the HDMI but it doesn't look like there's any way the screen could be stuck on it. I must not understand. I haven't opened the machine up. I think that would void the warranty. Correct?
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

I understand.

When you connect it to a tv with a hdmi cable, do you get a screen?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I have never connected an HDMI to the port. I've only used the charge port.
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

I understand.

Yes, please dont open the Transformer, as you still have warranty.

Have you also let the battery drain completely?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I haven't had it on charge for days trying to drain the battery. It still has some charge.
Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Understood.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Tech Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff