I am trying to get an app that will play DVD's that are

Customer Question
I am trying to get...
I am trying to get an app that will play DVD's that are formatted prior to Windows 10.
JA: What's the brand/model of your computer?
Customer: ACER Don't know much else right now. All my paper work is at my office.
JA: When did you purchase your Acer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have had the computer for 7 years. I had a new motherboard installed last week. The computer runs fine but the video player will not play the DVDs I used to play when it was Windows 7.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing other than all I am trying to get is a DVD player installed on the computer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
11/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. There really isn't any formatting difference between the two operating systems. Are you by chance trying to play a DVD on a CD only player?

Andy, Computer Consultant