I am trying to get an app that will play DVD's that are

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to get an app that will play DVD's that are formatted prior to Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your computer?

ACER Don't know much else right now. All my paper work is at my office.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Acer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have had the computer for 7 years. I had a new motherboard installed last week. The computer runs fine but the video player will not play the DVDs I used to play when it was Windows 7.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing other than all I am trying to get is a DVD player installed on the computer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. There really isn't any formatting difference between the two operating systems. Are you by chance trying to play a DVD on a CD only player?