I need a factory reset disk for a K55A lapt, ASUS K55A, My…

Customer Question
I need a factory...

I need a factory reset disk for a K55A lapt

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

ASUS K55A

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

My friend forgot his password ***** a Win 8 upgraded to a Win 10 .. asked me if I could fix it ... I think he earaded the partition ... cause I cant do a factory reboot

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
11/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Can you give me a slightly better description of what you'd like help doing so I can assist you better?

What is happening when you turn on the laptop ? Are you receiving any type of error message?

It wants a password ***** its been forgotten.
(Windows 8 upgraded to W 10)
It cannot be connected because it's not getting pass the password ***** I'm on my desk top now

Note : Please feel free to ignore the offers for Additional Services. They are automatically sent by the website.

If you are using a Microsoft account to login to the Windows 10 computer, open up the following link on your current computer: https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx and Click I forgot my password ***** then click Next. Enter the email the one you use to log in to Windows 10 and the captcha code provided, and then click Next.

Follow the on-screen instruction and you will be able to reset and create a new password ***** your Microsoft account. Next, please use the newly created password ***** the login screen, on your computer.

If you are not using a Microsoft account, Please download Windows 10 ISO file from : https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10 and burn it into a Blank DVD then follow the step by step instructions in the link below : https://4sysops.com/archives/reset-a-windows-10-password/

Let me know the results

Thank you

Great I'll give it a try ...

Hope it works out,

Thank you

Won't work .. wants to change my password ***** not the one on the laptop I got from my friend

OK, please try option two.

Thank you

No, partion missing ... thats why I need a factory reset disk

Please Try the following :

• Restart the computer and repeatedly press < F9 > during bootup.
  • Press [Enter] to select Windows Setup [EMS Enabled].
  • Select the language you want to recover and click Next.
  • Read the ASUS Preload Wizard messages and click Next.
  • Select a partition option and click Next.

Partition options:

Recover Windows to first partition only : This option deletes only the first partition and allows you to keep other partitions, and to create a new system partition as drive "C".

Recover Windows to entire HD : This option deletes all partitions from your hard disk drive and creates a new system partition as drive "C".

Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions : This option deletes all partitions from your hard drive and creates two new partitions "C" (25%) and "D" (75%).

• Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.

If you are not able to do that, Please use the recovery disc. If you have the recovery disc, please follow the instructions below :

• Insert the Recovery DVD into the optical drive. Your Notebook PC needs to be powered ON.
  • Restart the laptop. Press ESC when you see ASUS logo and then select the optical drive (may be labeled as "CD/DVD") from ODD. Press [Enter] to boot from the Recovery DVD.
  • Select OK to start to restore the image.
  • Select OK to confirm the system recovery.

if you don't have the recovery disc, you will have contact Asus and order a recovery disc for Windows 8, Please contact them at https://www.asus.com/us/support/callus .

Let me know if you need more help

Thank you

Did't work :( I'm just going to swap out the HD and start over that way.

I would suggest calling Asus then order the recovery disc or you can download the Windows 10 ISO file and to format the Hard drive.

Thank you

they sent me to you ...

Please contact them directly at : https://www.asus.com/us/support/callus

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Thank you

I'm in Canada

Please visit this page : https://www.asus.com/ca-en/support/callus

Thank you

Thanks

You're welcome

They want me to send in the laptop and they will fix it saving the files that are on it.

Ok i think it is a good idea to let them fixed for you, is it under warranty please?

No. Cost is $60 plus shipping

What is your zip code please?

Canada T9V 0J2

I suggest that you bring the laptop to the nearest repair shop so that the tech person will help you reseting it, please click on this link : https://tinyurl.com/T9V0J2

Thank you

Andy, Computer Consultant