Yesterday when I went on my Yahoo home page and tries to…

Customer Question
Yesterday when I went...

Yesterday when I went on my Yahoo home page and tries to enter a search, the top bar showed au.yahoo.com. I don't live in Australia. I found a page telling me to log in using us.yahoo.com but it won't stay way. It always reverts back to "au"

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?

No

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

The tower is a Dell and the system is 7

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is probably five or six yrs. old. Troubleshooting? You're kidding , right?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to be able to use my computer again

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
11/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your homepage redirect.

Give me just a moment while I pull up the steps to do it.

To fix Yahoo Redirects:

If you’d prefer to visit Yahoo.com (US) instead, click on the Yahoo.com link located directly below the Yahoo! logo. If you have cookies enabled on your browser, it will navigate directly to Yahoo.com on all subsequent visits. If cookies are disabled, you’ll continue to be redirected each time you visit Yahoo! So you can prevent this either by enabling cookies or directly typing http://us.yahoo.com into your browser. Visitors to http://us.yahoo.com will be shown the same site as Yahoo.com.

If you continue to have issues, you can fill out this form for Yahoo:

http://feedback.help.yahoo.com/feedback.php?.src=FP&.done=http://www.yahoo.com&.from=IPredirect

Please let me know if you have further questions. If you are able to get the US version of Yahoo working and have no further questions, please rate me on the top right (hopefully 5 stars!) to help me receive credit for the question today! If you have more questions, please feel free to ask away!

What are you talking about? In the "search" box, when I try to access information it denies access. I DO NOT live in Australia. I just want my old way of pulling up information. My 'secure" line automatically goes to au.yahoo.com. Even when I typw in us.yahoo and try to gather articles the computer reverts to 'au'

You have a secure line meaning you have a VPN connection?

There should be a flag in the top right corner on yahoo. It will have a Britain flag. Click it and in the drop down, choose US.