Yesterday helped me change my network and password on

Customer Question
Yesterday Richard helped me...

Yesterday Richard helped me change my network and password ***** wireless printer. That was successful but it still wont print. Can I get Richard to help again??

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Microsoft 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

HP printer is the problem. Computer is 3 years old. Tried n hours of troubleshooting

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
11/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer.I believe Richard is not available right now.

If you wish I could help you with this.

R was able to fix the offline comment and connect the HP 2540 all in one printer to the new wireless network and password. However printer showed we needed new black cartridge. Had to buy a new one. After it was installed the printer indicated we still needed black cartridge. When we try to print it show message that printer needs attention.
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Alright, no worries let me check with this.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Ok
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Does it still say that we still need black cartridge?

I have reinserted it twice.
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Gather the following materials:

• Dry foam-rubber swabs, lint-free cloth, or any soft material that does not come apart or leave fibers (coffee filters work well)

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might contain contaminants that can damage the cartridges)

• Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

• Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.

• Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

• Press down on the cartridge to release it, and then pull the cartridge out to remove it from its slot.

• Hold the cartridge by its sides.

• Inspect the contacts for ink and debris buildup.

• Wipe the contacts with a dry swab or other lint-free material until no debris remains on them.

• Dip a clean foam-rubber swab or lint-free cloth into distilled water, and then squeeze any excess water from it.

• Clean only the copper-colored contacts, and then allow the cartridge to dry for approximately 10 minutes.

• Lightly moisten another cotton swab with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess water from the swab.

• Use the swab to clean the electrical contacts in the carriage, located inside the printer.

• Clean the contacts in the carriage.

• Either let the cartridge sit for 10 minutes to allow the cleaned area to dry, or use a new swab to dry it.

• Hold the cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the printer, and then insert the cartridge into its slot. Make sure that the cartridge is inserted in the correct slot.

• Push the cartridge forward into its slot until it snaps into place.

• Repeat these steps to clean and then reinsert the other cartridges.

• Close the cartridge access door.

Sad to say the indicator is still on
Does this mean we need a new printer???
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Just to confirm is that a genuine HP ink cartridge?

genuine - not refilled
Tech Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

That should work, but let me see what else can be done further?

Andy, Computer Consultant