I have a new laptop and I cannot remember my password on it…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new laptop and I cannot remember my password ***** it at all. How can I bypass this page?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Yesterday and it still doesn't work at all

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Lenova but its a laptop. It is at home now.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About two months ago from Staples store in Calgary Alberta Canada

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I used my disk top to try and reset it but it refuses to take the code which microsoft sent to me

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

You can either do a factory reset which will wipe the password ***** with any saved data you have or you can purchase a password ***** disc for around $10. Let me know how you would like to proceed and I can assist you either way.

how do I do a factory reset?
I am at work now and this laptop is at home now. I do not have it with me

Please let me know when you are in front of the laptop and we can proceed then. That would be easiest.