Need to reset Windows password - was sloppy with

Customer Question
Need to reset Windows...

Need to reset Windows password ***** was sloppy with fingerprint

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Never - always used fingerprint

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your computer?

Lenova Flex 5

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Winthin the last 2 months

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to type up instructions.

These instructions assume that you have another computer or other device that you can use for the purpose of resetting your Microsoft account password.

When you try to logon to your computer, do you see an email address above the password *****? If so, that means that you're using your Microsoft account to login to your computer. If you see just a username, rather than a password, please let me know, Otherwise, please follow these instructions:

Please go to https://account.live.com/password/reset Make the appropriate selection. If you have no idea what your password ***** be, choose I forgot my password. If you think you know your password ***** it isn’t allowing you to sign in, choose that one. Click next. On the next page enter the email address associated with your Microsoft account. Also enter the “CAPTCHA” that is displayed on the page. Occasionally they can be difficult to read. If this is the case, click on the audio button to have the computer read it aloud to you. After entering it click next. If you have entered the CAPTCHA incorrectly you will be given the opportunity to try again. When it has been entered correctly, please click next. On the next page you can choose to have a code sent to the phone associated with your account or to the recovery email associated with your account. When you have the code, please enter it. You will then be given the opportunity to type a new password ***** twice. When it has been saved, please login to your computer with that password.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. Thank you!

Do you have any questions or need additional assistance? If so, please let me know so I can help. I am committed to working with you unitl your problem has been fully resolved.