I am caught in a redirect loop when trying to connect to the…

Customer Question
I am caught in...

I am caught in a redirect loop when trying to connect to the following link:

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

STM Women’s Group Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7vM-rk7RZAwZ1VFdnZUaTlROEk I have canceled the cookies.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I believe I am on auto update. I notice that others have complained about the redirect looping.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

My original mistake may have been that I entered my att.net account rather than the***@******.*** when trying to connect. However, I supplied my cell phone # when prompted and the correct password. Your correction for the redirect problem calls for canceling cookies. However, when that is completed, the screen goes back to the redirect error message and offers no way to get out of that loop.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When you go to the link, where are you redirected to?

I have a PC with Windows 10. I am redirected to take care of the cookies, which I have done more than once.
I do not want security connect.
It appears the redirect loop is a problem with your program and should be corrected without cost to the users of Google Chrome.

What website are you being redirected to?

The message says that I have been redirected too many times, only told to take care of the cookies.
No web site is listed in the message.

Hmm okay, without connecting I won't be able to see the exact issue, so I will open up your question to another expert.

Thank you for your patience.

Tech Support Specialist: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 7 months ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I will continue working with you on this problem until it has been resolved.

This may be a web browser problem. To test that, please copy the link in question and open another web browser and paste the link into the address bar. Check if it will open correctly this time.

You can test in Internet Explorer. To start it, type Internet Explorer into the Windows search box and click its icon.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

I tried IE on my laptop and the link worked when it wouldn’t on my desktop with Google Chrome to which I switched to avoid compatibility problems.
Plse arrange refund of my $5 deposit. Your program has a redirect loop problem that needs to corrected. I found others have had the same problem when I googled my query for solutions. Shouldn’t have to pay for a fix.

Please note that you have reached JustAnswer - online paid question-and-answer website where you can ask questions and get them answered by verified Experts.

I am a Computer Expert who can assist you with any computer-related problem. We are not Google and the problem is not on their end since the link works just fine for me, and you confirmed it worked on Internet Explorer. The problem is with your Google Chrome. If you would like my assistance with solving that problem, let me know.

Thanks,

No thanks. Just take care of the refund. Don’t want to pay $39.

I will transfer your request for cancellation to the JustAnswer customer service.

Regards,