I have been using chrome for years. All of a sudden I cannot…

Customer Question
I have been using...

I have been using chrome for years. All of a sudden I cannot get online. The home page is blank black and 3 windows saying "ad block" and "extensions" have crashed.I cannot use the web at all. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it did not fix. I ran spyware and virus software and that did not help. I ran "c" fix and defrag, that did not help. What is wrong? I can get IE to work so I have internet connection but I do not want to use IE.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

It is HP Pavillion model 500-205t desktop with win 7

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased less than 2 yrs ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Ran :

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 5 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please open Chrome and click on the three dots in the top right then click on settings

Click on Advance at the bottom and then click on Reset

Once done, close and open Chrome and tell me how it then functions please.

Thank you

When I click on settings nothing happens .l It is just the same blank black page sating untitled on the top tab

Using IE, please go to my link below

https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/index.html

Download and run the Chrome Cleanup Tool and tell me if Chrome then works please

no, this is too much money, please refund my money
are you there

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

I tried to download the google tool but it is just flashing adds at me like crazy and there doesn't seems to be any tool to run or open
now it says "not working"

Ok, looks like ie has issues as well as there are no adds on that page

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart the computer and try to download and run the tool please

nothing is working at all now. please just refund. I am going to take it to the shop.
where is my refund that was promised originally if I was not satisfied?
Richard, Computer Specialist