Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  4+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

I am new to Gmail. I clicked on the gmail message on my

Customer Question

I am new to Gmail. I clicked on the gmail message on my phone because I wanted to answer it, but now the message is gone from my phone and computer. Help! What can I do to recover it?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: I just looked at a message at 10 am. I didn't know exactly how to reply to it on my iPhone. I must have accidentally hit the wrong icon and now I don't see the message at all. It was about 9 hours ago. I was hoping it was still on my computer, but I don't see it. Can I recover it?
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: I have an iMac running on Sierra 10.12.6. The computer is about 1.5 years old. I also need to increase my Google drive storage. I believe I added 1 TB but it says that it's completely full. That seems hard to believe, but maybe true.
JA: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't exactly know what troubleshooting you're referring to on my computer. I must have accidentally deleted the message on my phone, which must have also deleted it from my computer.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure what information he needs for the Gmail issue. I need to know how to reply to Gmail messages on my phone and how to recover messages that were deleted.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ricky Expert replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

You should still have the email in your Gmail. It may have moved to one of two folders - Done or Trash. These can be found on the left side of the Gmail window if you are looking on your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the email in the junk folder along with other emails that were also not junk. Why does Gmail classify emails without asking me? Can I find out how to reply to the gmail that I get on my phone so that I don't accidentally classify the mail as junk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't need further help to fix my device. I'll look for gmail support another way.
Thank you for your time.

You can mark it as "Not Junk" if Gmail has classified it as junk. It will automatically learn from you and not mark it as junk next time. If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!