I am immensely concerned - I just noticed an email sent to…

Customer Question
Hi, I am immensely...

Hi, I am immensely concerned - I just noticed an email sent to me on November 10th with the subject "Security alert for your linked Google account". The message states "Your Google Account has been deleted due to Terms of Service violations" and goes on to specify "You received this message because***@******.*** is listed as the recovery email for***@******.***"... the latter is my teenage son's email address and I will be truly grateful if you would be so kind and helpful as to please let me know exactly what it is that he has done to get his account deleted. He is only given the freedom of online access and app use because the expectation is that he is to be trusted - but if he has done anything to compromise this, I will be very grateful to know about it as I cannot just

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

Apologies for being so ignorant, would that be the mobile service provider?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Oh I use an HP lap top, but my son uses his phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (about 3 years old).

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Ehm, I have had my HP for about a year, but it is never used by my son - I am more concerned that he may have done something wrong which resulted in his account being deleted. It need not be activated again, but I need to know how he violated the Google service terms so that I can confront him and take appropriate measures from there if he has been irresponsible with his online use.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks, ***** ***** need to know exactly what my teenager has been up to before I ban him from the internet until he is 33.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
11/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, Google does not tell you which policy is violated when you lose your account.