I am trying to install flight simulator x on windows 10 and…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to install flight simulator x on windows 10 and when it comes to the end it tells me that Direct x is out of date. I have direct x 12 installed.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

What can I do and is Flight simulater x able to work on Windows 10. If there is another Simulator tjat will work with windows 10 I am able to purchase one. Let me know how to go about purchasing it. Your reply would be most appreciated. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your computer?

Regards/George

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It used to work without aany trouble on windows 7

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

If someone can get in my computer I am happy for your help in any way

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
DirectX 9 is required (at minimum) for Flight Simulator X to run on Windows 10.

Try running

dxdiag

and see whether any problems are found there. Let me know what is found, in the way of errors or faults, and I will advise you further as to specifics of what needs to be done.

(Reply To Expert to continue, please.)