I forgot the new pass word as my old MacBook Pro crashed and…

Customer Question
I forgot the new...

I forgot the new pass word as my old MacBook Pro crashed and I bought the new one last week at apple MacBookPro in Buffalo NY help I am a n 80 year old person trying to keep up...

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook?

I don't know where do I find it ..it is brand new last October 30th 2017

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Oct 30, 2017

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have so many question but pass word is first. thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
11/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager replied 9 months ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

There is a way you can reset your password ***** the Mac. It takes several steps - I can give them to you here.

1. Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
  2. Press the power button while holding down Command-R. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode. When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. It may take a few minutes to load.
  3. Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
  4. Choose Utilities > Terminal.
  5. Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return
  6. Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your Main hard drive).
  7. Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
  8. Enter a new password ***** re-enter it into the password *****
  9. Enter a new password ***** related to the password.
  10. Click Save.
  11. A warning will appear that the password ***** changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
  12. Click Apple > Shut Down.

I will be available to you if you have any questions during the process. Just reply to me here.

My password ***** Mac is fine it is for my google gmail account not Mac

I see. That's very different. Have you tried to reset the password *****?

You have not logged into your gmail account with the new computer, correct?