Tv wont connect to internet. I was putting in a light

Customer Question
Tv wont connect to...

Tv wont connect to internet. I was putting in a light fixture turned off the wrong breaker while the tv was connected. I have tried the menu to reset evev tried tne direct tv reconnect ut the message says download not available.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?

Is that testing the speed if so yes

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Viziowhere do I fine that info

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is a tv bought it about 4 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried to restart the connection but I havent done a reset

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me how the TV is connected to the internet before? Is it through WiFi or Wired (Ethernet)?

Wifi
Should I just reset

Could you please check if the other devices like smart phone or computer were able to connect to the wifi? Check whether the internet were working fine on those device?

other devices are currently connected
Are you a vizio tech

We are Justanswer and we will be help you by posting answer to your questions.

Follow the steps below to connect your Vizio Smart TV to the Internet via a wireless or wired connection.

Wireless Connection

1. Press the Menu button on your Vizio remote.
  2. Select the Network option and then press OK.
  3. Choose Network Connection and then select the Wireless option.
  4. Select your In-home WiFi network from the list.
  5. Enter your the password ***** your In-home WiFi.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

I HAVE DONE THAT SEVERAL TIMES
I am wondering if I need to reset to factory settings
Are you still there

Sure, We can try resetting the TV, but resetting the TV deletes all data and changes all settings adjustments back to the defaults. It basically makes the TV just like it was the first time it was taken out of the box and powered on.

2. Use the remote arrow buttons to select SYSTEM and press OK on the remote.

3. Select RESET & ADMIN and press OK.

4. Select RESET TV TO FACTORY DEFAULTS and press OK.

5.The TV will display the message “Select reset to restore all TV settings to factory defaults.” Use the arrow buttons to select the RESET button and press OK.

After you confirm you want to reset the TV it will power off then automatically power on again. The OOBE setup menu will appear which will walk you through steps to setup your TV again so you can continue to watch TV channels and use internet app.

Resetting the TV is a simple process and can often solve problems with TVs. If the TV is still having odd problems after resetting there may be some other issue besides the TV settings that is effecting the TV’s performance. Check out the other articles on this site if yo continue to have problems. Please let me know if that help.

I will try that, thanks

Sure, I will wait.