I forgot my microsoft account password how can I reset it.

Customer Question
I forgot my microsoft...

I forgot my microsoft account password ***** can I reset it

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Toshiba Satellite and Microsoft 10

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Odel is a Satellite and brand is toshiba. I just downloaded the most current version of windows

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

BEST BUY and tried to change it by researching settings

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you want to reset the password ***** your Microsoft account if yes please follow the below steps:

If you forgot the password ***** use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live you might need to reset it.

First, check to make sure that Caps Lock isn't on, because passwords are case-sensitive. If you're sure you're using the right password ***** still can't sign in, your account might be compromised.To reset your password:Let me know if this helps if it does not we can try alternate solution.Go to the https://account.live.com/password/reset Choose the reason you need your password ***** then click Next.Enter the Microsoft account email address you're trying to recover.Enter the characters you see on the screen, then click Next.If you have security info on your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter the code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.