My email addresses have been replaced with the name

Customer Question
My email addresses have...

My email addresses have been replaced with the name lpmSubtree with exception of my outlook.com address which is my main address.If I try to rename my original is in background and cannot bring up.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Outlook.com

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No. At least none to my knowledge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know of anything-thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 8 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
May I connect to your computer securely to troubleshoot the issue directly? (optional extra service)
Once connected, I can troubleshoot the problem and resolve it right on your screen

I do not think there should be extra charge
No just explain what I need to do
I do not like playing games. I want an answer or I will cancel the charge.
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 8 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

what website are you on where it has changed your email address ?

outlook.com is my main email where where 3 other email addresses are shown. Now they are replaced with this lpmSubtree. If I right click and try to change the name to original it ask if I want to delete my original address.

so you are on the internet logged into outlook.com?

where exactly is it showing those new email addresses and what does it say exactly word for word

and does it still show your original address and can you get to the mail from it ?

Just below my outlook mail I have a***@******.***,***@******.***, and***@******.***
They now show the lmpSubtree instead of what I just listed and I am getting no emails in those accounts

can you send me a screen shot of what you are talking about ?

I am having a hard time understanding exactly where you are.

are you still in the sign in page where it is giving you a choice of which account to log into ?

When I open outlook. com all my emails show on left side of screen. Not the high tech man. Direct me on how to get you a screen shot and I will try

hit alt prtcscr

then open the paint program from the start menu / all programs

click paste to paste the screenshot in there

then click file save

save it as a file with a name you recognize in a folder you recognize

then hit the paper clip on top of the message box where you are typing and browse to and select the file that you just saved

I am also able to log in remotely to your computer and see what you are talking about and fix it for you. I am not trying to push you into that service. Just saying it might be easier.

have you tried just rebooting the computer ?

those impsubtree do not sound like email addresses.

they sound like a command on the page that has not processed correctly

rebooting the computer and reloading the page might help

you can also try using a different browser to get to outlook.com

if it is not working in chrome it might work in the internet explorer or vice versa.

Your screen shot is correct. Mine has the other emails listed in order below the screen shot you sent. I will try what you said-Reboot and use internet explorer now

ok please let me know if it works

You can add this page to your bookmarks or favorites to get right back here by selecting it from them by hitting ctrl D

Got ya
Did not work. Same title for my emails. lmpSubtree

you have tried it in both the internet explorer and chrome ?

try hitting log out and then log back in using the id and password ***** one of the accounts that has the bad name

I will try

I need to leave for the evening.

I will be happy to work with you more tomorrow or late tonight.

If you would prefer that i opt out and put this back in the pool i can do that

Or i know that its not your first choice but if you want to do the remote i can get you my cell phone number and you can get ahold of me any time you want to work on it right away.

I put up an offer. You do not have to accept it. I will continue working with you either way. But i will be gone for at least a few hours and maybe until tomorrow. If you accept i can get you my cell number and we can get right on it whenever is convenient for you when i get back

No problem. I need to leave also. We will try again tomorrow at some time.

ok thats great then

just post in some time tomorrow. i am usually on and off most of the day

I am back. Will this help. This is a subfolder file that is overlapping my original email address.

Sorry I have not been able to get on here much today

What subfolder?

lmpSubtree, not to sound sarcastic, the one we have been talking about

You named a folder impsubtree?

I'm sorry but I think I need to see this.

I can give you a good price on the remote. But It is going to be way faster if I can see for myself what's going on

No more money my friend. It appears this is an issue you have never been confronted with and is one you
are not likely to correct. So where do we stand?
It is apparent you cannot correct my problem so I want you to refund to my account the $31.00 plus the $5.00 initial fee.

I have corrected thousands of issues I haven't seen before. But few of them blindfolded

You have a good day. You can email***@******.*** for a refund