Using eudora 7 on win 7 I get intermittent cant send email…

Customer Question
Using eudora 7 on...

Using eudora 7 on win 7 I get intermittent cant send email with error message server gives reason 550.5.1.1 {valid email address is listed} recipient rejected. When this happens I reque the message between 2 to 6 times & the message will be sent. I doesn't matter it the message has a file attached or just text

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?

Problem has lesson from daily to 2 - 3 times a week

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Only updates from microsoft

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have several screen shots of the error I am getting

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Do you have a contacts list in Eudora or are you using the autofill?

contact list

Does it happens on all the e-mail you send or a selected few recepients?

no secure connect

You want me to connect with you and fix it? I am not getting you.

no remotely connect
this happens intermittent may have to try & send same e-mail up to 5 x before it will be sent & the next message may go imediatly

can you confirm your server settings?

tell me how
I can send 2 diff screen shots of the type of error failure I am getting
what if anything am I suppose to do next ?? start my free trial or hang up ??

I cannot assist with the billing but you can email***@******.*** or call them on 1(###) ###-####to discuss billing related issues.

I need you to confirm me the settings, not the type of error.

smt server outgoing mail.telus.net
mail server incoming pop.telus.net

can you change the smtp to smtp.telus.net

set the port to 1025 for smtp only

and make sure authentication needed option is checked.

then try sending to your contact (manually by typign the contact address ) not by chosing from the contacts list.

smtp.telus.net doesnt work host not found
had to change port back to imap 143

I think we will need to look at this issue remotely. There are other problems that aren't identified. Do you want me to connect remotely or do you want me to open the question to other experts who may be able to assist in the chat.

open the question to other experts who may be able to assist in the chat
Tech Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to look into this email issue for you.

I've reviewed the notes and would like to ask if you could share those screen shots of the error message. When you add them as an attachment, you'll have to type some words and then hit send.

Excellent. I show there is an error of 10053 which could be our issue. This is usually the result of an overactive security software "protecting" your computer. Would you be willing to decrease the security level of your antivirus software to see if we could eliminate that as the problem. If you tell me who you are using, I can give you the instructions to temporarily disable and then we could move forward on the troubleshooting to make it not do that any longer.

McAfee and Norton are the usual culprits.

when I was actively trouble shooting this problem I disabled Avast but this didn't help

Do you have any other security software that actively monitors in the background?

I had this problem happen today sending 1 e-mail to 1 person with just plain text I had to send it 6 different times before it was sent. No I have no other software that monitors in the background that I know of

What we could do if you have time is to reboot in safe mode. I'll post the steps below and I'd like to see if you could work in this mode for a bit and determine if you get the same error message. The last expert was thinking it might be because the error code this is presenting means that the email address is not found or is incorrect. This doesn't appear to be the case and the email settings are going to be given to you by the ISP. It's not managed by you. So, we're left with something on the PC possibly intermittently blocking the connection. This would also give this error if the connection in the email was interrupted.

1. Immediately after the computer is powered on or restarted (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key in 1 second intervals.
  2. After your computer displays hardware information and runs a memory test, the Advanced Boot Options menu will appear.
  3. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking and press ENTER.
I will boot into safe mode the following is what I sent to wudora support group & their resonseUsing Eudora 7.109 on win 7 I have the newer esoteric.epi file installed.There is no newer version of esoteric.epi. You should be using the version that came with the version of Eudora you have installed. Using any other version can cause severe problems. Perhaps you're thinking of the patched version of qcssl.dll rather than esoteric.epi?My problem started about 3-4 weeks ago. sending an e-mail I would get the error about 2-3 times per week
Cant send to (this is a correct email address) The server gives this reason: 550.5.1.1 (this is a correct correct e-mail) recipient rejected.550 errors indicate that the server is rejecting your message because it thinks it can't deliver it to the recipient specified. Why it thinks that is not specified in the text above. It can be because the address is just plain wrong, which doesn't sound like it is the case here. It can also be because there is some kind of misconfiguration at the server level or because the recipient's server is refusing to accept the message from your server. Is there any pattern to which messages you get this error with? How many recipient addresses are involved? Are they always to the same address or addresses in the same domain?
Task error window is blank, close window re- Que message, send fails again, the message may be sent after the fist try or the 4 th try.
...snip...
... trying to send, this made no difference. While this send problem was occurring I am still able to receive incoming e-mail.Whether or not you can receive mail has nothing to do with this. Sending and receiving are two different activities.I am using pop & have never used ssl.POP is a protocol for receiving mail, not sending it. Which method you use for receiving mail does not have anything to do with errors received when sending mail. SSL does not have anything to do with this either since it comes into play when connecting to the server and you're obviously successfully connecting to the server if it is rejecting your messages.Today I had the same error but was unable to send no mater what or how many times I tried. I was able to send the e-mail to myself but no one else.
I turned the comp off for about an hour & tried again it worked. I normally shut my computer off every night.When or if you shut off your computer is not going to change what the SMTP server is doing or whether it can send to the address(es) in question.It sounds to me like the SMTP server you're using is probably having problems of some sort. It may be that one specific server in the bank of servers is misconfigured and you're getting errors every time you happen to hit that particular one. (Most providers have banks of machines rather than a single computer acting as the SMTP server. You randomly get one of them each time you try to connect.) Another possibility is that one or more of the servers has had its IP address blacklisted and various recipient's servers are refusing to accept the messages, telling it that the addresses don't exist because they're refusing to accept them. (Servers vary a lot in exactly what they do in situations like that. Sometimes you get error messages that tell you what's going on, sometimes you get messages that say other things.)I contacted my service provider they will not help as it is not a e-mil program they support
I am in safe mode now

Okay! Let me know if you receive that message again. I am responding to your original reply.

That makes a lot of sense. That is the information I had as well and the previous expert. I don't want to minimize the issue of course by asking for some basic troubleshooting like the safe mode with networking. My thought is if it is something easy and has a chance of being an issue, I want to try and cross it out if it doesn't work.

It is possible for an email server to be blacklisted. Most tech support reps with the cable companies do not have access to that level of detail for troubleshooting. They have a set script and are more inclined to upsell you items than dig into your issue. However, they do get penalized if they refer you to the advanced support and the issue was something with your email client. Typically they stop troubleshooting if you don't have a supported client. It's not fair, but that's how a lot of them work. I would know.

The chance it is the email server with the ISP is slim because they have hired IT staff that manage that type of stuff all the time. Plus they would be having an influx of calls and it should eventually get back to the engineers. Not saying it isn't possible, but for as long as you've had the issue, I'm surprised it wouldn't be fixed by now.

Aside from those notes, let me know if it happens again while in safe mode. If it does, we can possibly look into other options.

I have forwarded 11 messages so far to 1 recipient with no failures don't know if this would happen if not in safe mode

That's the problem with it being intermittent. We can keep you going this way for a while. While you still work in this mode, try to think up of all the software you have in your computer.

Avast

Do you have any malware protectors? Do you work on a VPN connection? What about firewalls? Any other protector software?

I have other soft ware but they are set to run manually

Well they may scan manually, but sometimes they have backend operations that operate in the background.

the only thing I can try is re-installing Eudora in a different location on my computer get it set up & try it. do you have any other suggestions ??

Would you be against trying to install another supported email client? Then if we had to take it to your ISP, you could have multiple examples. Windows mail would work the best. Just make sure to set the setting to keep a copy of messages on server. If you don't know what I am talking about, I can give you the instructions for setting it up.

The idea is to find out what other error the different program would give. You can also try to reinstall Eudora as well if you want. You can download the latest version and see what happens. If there are any security prompts while in the regular mode (go ahead and reboot to do this) then you can make sure to accept them with your software.

which client would you set to keep a copy of messages on server eudora or the other

When I setup them up on computers, I tend to keep a copy of message on server on all emails. Say if i had a computer in my office and had a laptop, I would keep a copy of message on both computers so if something happened to both PCs, I can still recover my emails.

ok I may try this but it will be a while before I do

No problem. If I am not online when you get back, just leave me a message on here and I'll respond back as soon as I get back on.

Did that work out for you? Just wanted to follow up to see how it went.

Andy, Computer Consultant