Getting message that there is a problem with my account

Customer Question
Getting message that there...

Getting message that there is a problem with my account while trying to activate excel.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?

HP Spectra x360 convertible 13

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

Keep in mind you are talking to a non-tecky. Could the model number be ac023dx. Not sure about the Operating System.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

October 21, 2017 from Best Buy.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The system came with Windows. Would this be the Operating System?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Can you type me the exact message that you're getting and how is this version of Office purchased (online or from a retail store)?

I do not have access to the message while speaking with you on line. But the general comment is there is a problem with this account and I was directed to log onto account live.com for assistance. Additionally, while I have reset the account password ***** times it is never recognized when I log in and I have to reset again.

Do you remember which account you used to purchase office?

And how was it purchased?

Not sure I have purchased office for this new computer. Would that be the corrective action I need to take. While I was trying to activate on line, I can purchase from Best Buy, right?. Please advise.

If you have a valid subscription of office, then the office should validate your e-mail (only if it is assoicated with your account), if you never purchased office then we will need to purchase it and use that to validate office. If you login to the office account online you should be able to see if office is associated with your email address or not, i would not suggest buying it from best buy, just get it online from the microsoft site (but do that only) after you're sure its not purchased or subscribed.