It will not turn on. Compaq. I've charged the battery but it…

Customer Question
It will not turn...

It will not turn on.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Compaq

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I've charged the battery but it still won't turn on. Is it the hard drive?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10

Windows 10

Laptop or desktop?

Laptop

Do this a couple of times for me. If it doesnt work, do the second set:

Unplug the computer from the wall and take out the batter if applicable while the pc is on.

Hold down the power button for a full minute.

Put battery back in if applicable for your model, plug back into wall and restart normally.

If battery is not removable, ONLY skip that portion of the directions.

If it wont boot:

we need to do this special trick to force a repair screen.

Start the computer, then immediately press and hold power to shut it down.

repeat that 4 times, and then the last time when you start the computer do not press and hold power.

It should go to a blue screen menu.