Pearl....I have a new Plantronics "Legend". I discovered…

Customer Question
Hi, Pearl....I have a...

Hi, Pearl....I have a new Plantronics "Legend". I discovered that charging the battery with the USB port on my laptop is VERY time-consuming (as in all night). I have a wall plug for 110 that has a USB port. May I use that for recharging without damage to the Bluetooth. If not, what are the amperage / voltage recommendations for recharging?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? Have you had problems with the USB port in the past?

It is a Dell laptop (5 yrs. old +-). Port works. As I mentioned, it also charges the Bluetooth but only after a long period. One other question....does the Bluetooth need to be either on or off during charging or does it matter?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Dell?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

5 years or more ago. Are you referring to troubleshooting for the charging issue we're discussing?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

You can use a wall charger for this, it is no issue and is the better option, but it is best to have the device off when charging as it will then charge quicker and is recommended.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you