I need your help to change my Microsoft Account password,

Customer Question
I need your help...

I need your help to change my Microsoft Account password, but I am unable to login to my account. First time user for Windows 10 on a new computer.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

HP Envy, 7th generartion I core 7

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Hewlett Packard? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Yesterday was the purchase date and no troubleshooting by me

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you trying to log into the computer on a microsoft account?

Did you try to reset through microsoft yet?

I can not login to the HP Envy to access anything that will allow me to get to the internet.
I don't believe you can access my computer because I can't login to access the internet.

That is automated. Please ignore for now.

Try this first:

outlook.com
Click this link: Reset your password. to set up

Choose the reason that you need password ***** then click Next.

Enter your email address when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.

Enter the characters you see on the screen (this procedure makes us know you're not a robot), then click Next.

If you've added security information to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you provide. You'll be able to set a new password ***** you enter that code on the next screen.

If password ***** doesn't work, try the following steps:

1. If you can't get a security code

If you don't get to your security info ( the alternate phone number or email address), click I didn't get a code when you're prompted for a code at sign-in, or I don't have access to these when you're resetting your password.
You might be asked to fill in a security questionnaire and be asked for some private personal infomation. There may be a 30-day waiting period to get full access to your account. Learn more about security info here: Security info & security codes.

2. If your profile is temporarily blocked

If you've seen a message that your profile is temporarily blocked, we may have detected spam or other fraudulent use of your account, or content that violates our Terms of Use. Learn more here: Profile temporarily blocked.

3. If you recently turned on two-step verification

If you've taken the extra security step of turning on two-step verification, some apps and devices will notify that your password ***** ***** because the apps haven't been updated to prompt you for a security code. Instead of your regular password, you'll need to use an app password ***** get in.

Let me know if you get stuck. Once it is reset, your pc may have to be rebooted to get it to take

Please reply when done with results.

HI, did you still need help with this issue? Or did the directions resolve the issue for you?

Already remedied ..The place where I purchased the computer resolved this issue

Thank you for your reply.

You can go here for a refund on this issue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0