Since I installed Windows 10 my laptop will not read the…

Customer Question
Since I installed Windows...

Since I installed Windows 10 my laptop will not read the cd/dvd that it came with. I have tried all the fixes I could find on line, nothing works.

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

This was given to me last year by my nephew and I updated it earlier this year to windows 10. It came with windows 7. I am comfortable using the computer.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your computer?

The system information tab shows the correct name and info for the drive, just doesn't show it is available

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Computer was given to me last year. it is Toshiba. I asked you tube how to recognize the drive, took me to windows 10, gave me five options to try, tried all of them, none worked.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so, what are the charges?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: R LAFAYETTE, Consultant replied 8 months ago
R LAFAYETTE
R LAFAYETTE, Consultant

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you today. I am not privy to customer facing charges however so I am unable to answer the fees question. May I know your first name as well as the model Toshiba you have please?

I did not realize I had to enroll in monthly service. I only needed help with this one issue.

I do believe this is a one time fee and that you would need to opt in for a membership.

Please cancel this request. Thank you anyway.

Absolutely, I apologize for any confusion.