Apple have locked me out of my own iCloud account even

Customer Question
Apple have locked me...

Apple have locked me out of my own iCloud account even though they continue to take money by direct debit for it - they claim that if i do not have a recovery code that I have never seen they cannot unlock my account meaning I have no access to the media i have previously bought and no access to update and add to my apps...I also cannot activation certain services such as find my iPhone - every technical assistant I have spoken too at Apple agrees with me that it is a ridiculous situation but say their hands are tied by company policy

Technician's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New york and london england

Technician's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only with their help desk

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in NYC the account in question was started in the uk

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

A few months now despite constant calls to Apple supportbto sort it out

Have you been through the iCloud password ***** wizard?

Thanks

Kris

yup many times
the issue isn't really a tech support one its a legal one....even apple tech people don't seem able to be able to access the account because of the company policies - yet they take money have my digital property yet can't get me access to it...

Can I connect to your PC and see what point is it failing?

No - its not a technissue! The account is locked - on my mac on my iphone and ipad because their security botscdecidedvto lockbit after an ios update and tge demand a rx numbervto recover it which I dont have which they say they cant access the account with!!! Two step verification protocol. Yet they still take my direct debits and I cannot get access to the media and apps I have purchased - I have no idea why this hasbeen passed to a tech support specialist - it is a legal issue
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this difficulty. I will do my best to help.

Is it possible that you were speaking to a third party support company rather than Apple when you were told that they couldn't unlock your account? apple takes your privacy and security very seriously. However, if you can provide enough personal info (including full name on account, billing address, and possibly billing info) to prove your identity, they CAN help you with regaining access to your account. Please let me know if you'd like to have the direct number to call to start the verification process.

I have done all that definitely speaking to apple - even their support staff said the situation was ridiculous

Please call 1-***-***-****. You will be speaking with Apple directly. If you are being billed for Apple services and can provide the full name on account, the billing address, and possibly the last digits of the card on the account, they can definitely help you. I am afraid that you may not have been talking to the right people. Please talk to the support staff at this number and let me know the results. Make sure that you have all the billing details handy when you call. Please keep me posted as to the results. Thank you.

I have already done this i have been told the matter has gone as far as support and technical can take it - everyone at Apple I have talked to thinks the situation is ridiculous but asserts it is above their pay grade to be able to be fixed - I have already made this clear!

if that is indeed the case, then I will not be able to assist you. I am opting out of the question in the hopes that another expert may be able to help you. The next expert will see our entire conversation, so there will be no need to repeat anything. You will be notified by email when another expert has begun working on your question. Thank you for your patience.

yup thats what i said several posts ago!! It is a legal matter...