Hope you can help. My computer stopped accepting my PIN I…

Customer Question
Hope you can help...

Hope you can help. My computer stopped accepting my PIN I have had my Microsoft password ***** and it will not accept that either. I can use my wife's PIN to get into my computer but of course I can't get to my own work files (Word and Excel)

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

HP windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your HP?

HP Protect Smart

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your HP? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 years 11 months it was nearly top of the range back then. As far as troubleshooting I have tied to sort it out myself but have been unable to .

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes when I opened up the computer System Optimizer told me I had 4005 problems detected but when I tried to purchase it it when to a near blank screen asking for a web address, which I don't have.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: R LAFAYETTE, Consultant replied 9 months ago
R LAFAYETTE
R LAFAYETTE, Consultant

Hello and thanks for contacting JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

Could you help me by answering the following questions:

1. Can you login to the Microsoft account from a web browser, i.e. outlook.com ?

2. Did you recently install updates? The Windows Anniversary update has been noted as a contributor to the symptoms you are describing.

Thanks and talk with you soon!