Will my computer tower support windows 10 I am currently…

Customer Question
Good morning. will my...

Good morning. will my computer tower support windows 10 I am currently using windows vista. my tower is compaq sr521onx, processor 420

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Compaq? And what operating system are you running?

Sr521onx gn571aaaba, sn cnx7331j64

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just will my computer support windows 10

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is the make/model of the tower?

compaq sr521onx gn571aaaba

Will it work? Yes, but it is almost at the near minimum needed to run the operating system so it will likely experience a lot of freezing/issues.

thx

You're welcome! The operating system for Windows 10 will cost around $100 and you can buy a new computer for around $300 and if you wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday, you could probably find it even cheaper. I would recommend going with buying a new computer instead of trying to upgrade the older tower. Also, you can sell the older tower for around $20-$25 to help with the cost of the new computer.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!