My hard drive crashed and I would like to get Office back.

Customer Question
My hard drive crashed...

My hard drive crashed and I would like to get Office back. Any time saving suggestions, or do I have to pay for it again?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

It is an HP notebook

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I have not. The new Hard drive is not ready due to the fact that HP sent it out un-ready with no set up disk. I have to wait at least 10 days for that. I am just getting ready so I don't end up going crazy with changing (computers)/hard drives again. I have backed up all the Programs, but am being told that they will not work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That.s about it. I don't even have Windows ten already on the HD. I bought the home and studio version as a download when I purchased the computer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Did you purchase this Office online also do you know which version it was like 2010,2013,2016?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

I purchased it with the computer at Best Buy in Indianapolis, IN. It was simply a card with a key on it.

OK do you still have that card with key on it also do you have a microsoft account ?

I Can't afford that right now, I am going into surgery next week, and don't have much coming in. I did not think that I would be scammed into another 40 bucks.

If you are referring to secure remote assistance message it’s not send by me it’s an automated message from the site and optional so you can ignore it and continue in this chat page.

My computer lhas not been loaded with operating system. etc. This won't happen until I get the thumb drive from HP in 11 days. YOU can't do anything. Hard Drive is blank, I was hoping to get some info for 11 days from now so I could get this done flawlessly. It can't happen right now. 5 bucks down the drain.
No body listens I want a refund.
I may have the card, but it wont do any good due to no preloaded operating system Windows 10.

I didn't ask you to install it right now i am collecting information from you so that i can check whether there is any possible way to install the purchased version of office when you have the OS installed.

Let me know whether you wish to continue or go for refund.

I am sorry to bother you. for an answer, I was just trying to be proactive. I will, if I can physically find the card. I really don't throw much like this away.
I DO WANT A REFUND!

If you do not want to continue and ask for a refund then i will request customer service to do so.

Sincerely,

I DO NOT want to continue and want a refund. This was not the right time to chat. Will try to do so after or when I need it after I get my operating system.

OK will request customer service to do so.

Thank you

You are welcome.