I am trying to start up an old computer but I do not

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to start up an old computer but I do not remember the old user name and password ***** used. It has been about 5 years ago and it is an older Dell it keeps asking for user name and password ***** I have tried all of the ones I can remember! HELP!

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?

It is a Dell XP home edition. Is that what you needed?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I have a dell laptop I have been using so it is updated but I have not used the one in question for about 4 years.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No all is ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

On the Username field, type Administrator and press enter keeping the password ***** empty and let me know, what happens?

I typed in Administrator then hit enter left the password ***** got this message (unable to connect because of account restriction).
I will keep trying on my own. Thanks for the help.

Do you have the Windows XP installation disc?