I have an acer laptop pc and our ISP is the network which we…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an acer laptop pc and our ISP is the bell network which we connected through at home. The problem is that far too often, I keep being disconnected from the Internet. Can you please help me fix that? Thanks... I was typing to you earlier and it happened again, thanks...

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Acer? And what operating system are you running?

Please direct me where to find that.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Updates from???

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It has been happened sometime, so my work-around is to close, restart and reconnect, but that is frustrating and I want to fix it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
Please let me know what else you need to have this fixed, thanks.
11/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 5 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.
The issue you describe is often be due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To rule that out as the root cause, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

I'll try that, but just to let you know, I thought I should check with my ISP, Bell Canada at the Bel060 network. They checked and advised, "everything looks fine from our end". I'll let you know if it solves the problem, thanks.

Yes, their side of the connection can still show that the connection is working properly even if the router/modem is not functioning properly. So once you step through the procedure above, please let me know the result.

I just go back home and noticed that my credit card has two separate amounts charged. One for $5.00 fully-refundable deposit and another for $43.00 for Tech-Help which I did not authorize!
A pop-up just showed: << Would you prefer I securely connect to your device and fix it for you? >> Not yet, not before I discuss the unauthorized charge to my credit card!

The pop-up for secure remote assistance is an automated offer from the Just Answer system and can be ignored.

Please contact Just Answer customer service and they will assist you with the charges to your credit card. Please refer to the "Contact Us" section of the Customer Service web page at the link below:

click here

Regarding the procedure I mentioned above, were you able to try it?

Thanks,

David.

Have not tried as yet as my sister/husband want to know if it will affect their service. Meantime, the other question I raised above has yet to be addressed and answered. << I just go back home and noticed that my credit card has two separate amounts charged. One for $5.00 fully-refundable deposit and another for $43.00 for Tech-Help which I did not authorize! >>

The procedure will not impact their service and in fact a restart of the router/modem is often required to resolve performance issues as well depending upon the router/modem model number.

Regarding the credit card charges, please contact Just Answer customer service and they will assist you with the charges to your credit card. Please refer to the "Contact Us" section of the Customer Service web page at the link below:

click here

I just sent them a message. I am awaiting their reply and the OK to follow your tech-advice when they get home, thanks.

Alright, sounds good. I will check back once you respond with the go ahead to proceed.

Thanks.

Proceed??? I am waiting to follow the advice to check myself, that first.

Yes, with the procedure posted above. I have posted it below as well:

Power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Do you still need assistance?

Hi David, my family called the ISP Bell. They spoke to Help-Tech to make sure your solution would not affect the modem/service. The Tech-Expert said it had nothing to do with the PC, but instead took them through a fix to use the other dual network of 5G. Soon as they did that, all was fine. All of the computers/cellphones have been corrected. So your service and help is not necessary, thus when can I expect my fully-refundable $5.00 fee plus the $43.00 which I never authorized to be refunded back to my credit-card? Thanks, Roger
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago

Yes, that is what I figured as well - that the issue had to do with the modem or router providing the connection. Glad the issue is resolved.

Regarding the charges, you can contact customer service using the link I provided above and they will address it for you. I will also contact them on your behalf.

Best regards,

David.

David L
David L
David L, Systems Engineer