My computer is not responding to my password, how can I

Customer Question
My computer is not...

My computer is not responding to my password, how can I change it? Thank you

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I is an Asus tablet. Where do I find the model number?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I don't think so. It has been used only to watch movies. I have Windows 8 on it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything else. I am typing this message on another computer.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
11/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be the tech assisting you today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Just to clarify, are you having this password ***** with your Windows account? If so, do you see an email address listed (or just the account name) for your account?

I see an email address under my name

PS: Please ignore any remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me.

OK, could you let me know what's the email address listed?

Just ignore this request and cancel order. It seems that all this site does is request money and I see no results.

Please ignore any remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me. We do NOT need to do a remote session for this issue and you will not be charged for the same either.

Now, could you let me know what's the email address listed for the locked account?

OK, looking up the account now. One moment,

OK, do you have a phone number ending with -77?

OK, please let me know the last four digits of that number and I'll send you a security code for the account now.

Am having trouble with my cell phone downloading your messages. Could you call me or continue emailing?

No problem; could you let me know the last FOUR digits of your cellphone number now?

9077

OK, did you receive a 7-digit code via text message just now? Do let me know.

Please let me know the security code you just received, and I'll then reset your Windows account password ***** well. Thank you,

Please do not send any more text messages. Lets just email please

Sorry, those text messages are being sent at our site's end and not by me. Once our conversation ends, they will stop as well. Now, check your text messages carefully - did you receive a text message from the Microsoft Team providing you with a 7-DIGIT CODE?