System restore problem. Win 10 64. I tried everything. now…

Customer Question
System restore problem Technician's...

System restore problem

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Win 10 64

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried everything. now I'm at a dialog box that says cofirm disks to restore I can select thebdisk but I cant enable system protection on iyhe drive 9hrs and counting trying to fix this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about all

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What anti-virus do you have on your computer, please?

And, what Firewall is protecting your computer's internet connection?

Try logging in as Administrator, before doing the stuff that results in the 'Confirm Disks to Restore' - if possible. That may give you the needed authority level with the system, to confirm the disks and get the process going.

(If that isn't a clear path to a solution to this problem, please Reply telling me the details of how you ended up with a 'Confirm Disks' message... and I will give you instructions in more detail, also.)

If you wish I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting a way worked out through this problem, for a small additional fee.

If you would rather not, then I can also instruct you toward a solution, somewhat more slowly.

Let me know which approach you would prefer, and I will help you as needed.

Russell H., Computer Systems Expert