I got a warning that if I don't call the phone numberin the…

Customer Question
I got a warning...

I got a warning that if I don't call the phone number(###) ###-####in the next5 minutes my computer will be shut down. Is this a scam r what. HOW DO I GET THIS WARNIONG OFF MY COMPUTER? Thanks!

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I believe it's an Lenovo H5Series

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
11/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager replied 9 months ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

It's definitely a scam. Don't call the number.

The first thing I would do is restart the computer to clear the memory. If the program reloads, there are a couple of other steps we can take.