Is there a Windows 10 PC phone calling app that enables you…

Customer Question
Is there a Windows 10...
Is there a Windows 10 PC phone calling app that enables you to embed pin numbers, extension numbers etc with the phone number? With my disability, I'm not able to use the keypad fast enough.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
11/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 8 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

To better assist you, please let me know if phone lines will be connected directly to your computer or if you have a phone service that makes phone calls through the Internet?

I use Skype and Google Voice to make calls through the pc

Ok, thanks.

Also, do you need to manage a large number of contacts with the dialer program?

no. I can copy and paste phone numbers from my contacts

Ok thanks, ***** ***** moment...

I personally automate dialing extensions, entering pin numbers, and so forth by entering pauses in the form of commas into contact phone numbers between the phone numbers and extensions or pin numbers and it works quite well. For example, the following number:

(###) ###-####,,398462,,123

will dial the number, wait for the announcement to enter a conference call pin number, and then pause for an announcement before entering a final ID number, all fully automated.

Please click the link below for a Google Voice example and let me know if that is what you need:

click here

GV and Skype no longer supports that
see https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/ZSXNdovooAk
they support it on their app

Ok, and understood. I use this functionality daily so checking the apps I use, just a moment...

I can try downloading the give app to my pc...will that work?

Sorry, I just checked and the auto dial I was using in Skype conferences changed to what you see at the link below which requires the servers listed:

click here

The commas still work on my iPhone, which I use to auto dial using the comma pause format everyday.

Years ago I also used this feature in a contact manager call Act!, which worked quite well and is still available however has many more features (and cost) perhaps than what you may require:

click here

let me try downloading the GV app to my pc tomorrow. How can I contact you tomorrow?

Just reply here in the text box below - I will be available and receive a notification when you reply.

I'm having a hard time downloading Google Voice to my pc. Do you have a link to where I can download it from?

Yes, there is more than one Google Voice program you can use. The one offered by Google is an extension to the Google Chrome browser. So if you click on the following link while in Chrome you can download and install the Google Voice extension:

click here

The Google Voice Chrome extension has a 'call with' option; Google Talk or Skype. Skype won't accept commas as pause. Where can I download Google talk from?

Google changed the desktop app for Google Talk in the same way they did with Google Voice - the app is now a Chrome browser extension that is part of Google Hangouts. So if you click on the link below you can download the Google Hangouts extension that includes Google Talk functionality:

click here

when I added the extension, I was asked to sign into Chrome. I got stuck on that page. I couldn't get to any other window until I rebooted, It happened 3 times. What should I do?

When you sign in, use your Google account. Also, make sure to update Chrome first to make sure the extension and Chrome are the most current releases.

I logged in successfully. When I tried dialing from the Google Voice extension using Google Talk, I got the 'pls try again' message. i'll be back later

Ok so try restarting both your computer and the router/modem you use for Internet access and see if you get a different result.

I'm back. I rebooted, tried again, no success.

Are you still able to use Google Voice without using the extension, or does Google Voice now not work at all?

I apologize for the delay in responding.
Google Voice still works
would an android emulator on my pc enable me to use the android Google Voice app?

My apologies for the delay.

The issue with the Chrome Google Voice extension could be due to anti-virus firewall as well, so please check your anti-virus settings and even disable temporarily and try the extension again.

If that does not work, then yes I was thinking the same thing - use an Android emulator and the Android Google Voice app. I recommend trying the Andy Android emulator first, which you can download and install at the link below:

click here

I downloaded Andy and Google Voice for Android. I can't make any calls. In HELP it says to tap "phone number to use for outgoing calls" under calls under Settings. I don't see "phone number to use for outgoing calls" under calls under Settings.
Can you access the Internet from the emulator using other apps?
I downloaded chrome, did google search etc

I apologize for the delay. It is not clear to me whether or not you have setup the Google Voice for Android app. So just to clarify/confirm, please follow the steps and screenshots on the web page at the following link to configure the GV Android app first:

click here

Then test making a call and let me know the result.

Are you able to log into my pc?

Yes, however that is normally offered here as a premium service.

Were you able to follow the steps in the configuration procedure I posted above?

Do you still need assistance?

I still cannot make Google Voice calls through the emulator. Google Voice Help says they don't support pauses in phone numbers
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago

My apologies, I just noticed your response. Do you still need assistance?

i don't think there is a way to do it. Thank you for trying.

Ok, then given the other solutions are not working, one final recommendation would be to use a CRM (Customer Resource Management) program to do the dialing and handle the pauses for you so that they do not have to be handled by Google Voice or Skype. The following link provides a list of the leading free and open source CRM solutions that should provide what you need as long as either Google Voice or Skype is configured as your default dial out program on your computer:

click here

Here is another list that you should review as well:

click here

I recommend testing each with one contact that has pauses in it to see which best meets your needs and then continue to use the one that works best as your solution.

Hope that helps and just let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please provide a positive rating if you are satisfied with the service.

Thanks,

David.