My new Magic will not install on my computer when I plug it…

Customer Question
My new Magic Jack...

My new Magic Jack will not install on my computer when I plug it in

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And how long have you been using magicJack?

It is a HP. This is a NEW Magic Jack

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

NO

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
11/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 9 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

The issue you describe is often due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access, preventing connectivity the MagicJack needs to complete the installation. To resolve the issue power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.