I Have a Samsung Galaxy J3. I just got sa message that I…

Customer Question
I Have a Samsung...

I Have a Samsung Galaxy J3. I just got sa message that I have 4 viruses and it will damage my phone...plus. It sends my to Google and tells me to install APP for free correction of my problem. Is this legitimate? I need help.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Samsung? And what operating system are you running?

It is a Samsung Galaxy J3 Duos. Operating system?? Don't know, please clarify.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I don't think so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

This is my cell phone not computer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do not click on that. It is a scam. What browser did you pull that up in?

can you exit out of it?

You are not the only one. This is a known scam going around.

The alerts themselves are probably the virus. Clean the phone using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and any good anti-virus (one at a time, and they can take over 24 hours for the initial run of each).

If that doesnt resolve the issue:

First, let's boot into safe mode. This will deactivate all third-party apps installed on your device. If the pop up(s) have stopped you know a third-party app is the source. If you can find the responsible app you will not have to reset your device. Remove any and all apps you do not recognize.

Starting with the most recent, uninstall apps one by one until the pop ups stop.

Note which one took away the pop ups. That way you can avoid it in the future and if possible report the app/download as spam/adware.

Wipe system cache via recovery afterwards.

Secondly, if you have uninstalled all user apps and you still get pop ups, it's time to wipe all app cache. (Setting>System>Storage) Turn device off, boot into recovery and wipe system cache.

Finally, if neither of the above worked, you will need to preform a factory data reset. Before you do so, backup only the most important things you need. Go to settings>back up and reset>Uncheck automatic restore.

Preform the FDR. Upon setting your device back up, make sure not to restore via your Google account. Select set up as New Device.

That will take care of your issue. if you get stuck on anything at all, let me know and i will send you directions for it.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin